Monday, July 28, 2008

CHA Crop at the Oasis

So Saturday was the big CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) crop at The Scrapbook Oasis. This crop went from 9:00am on Saturday morning till 1:00am Sunday morning - 16 hours! The crop included a breakfast where they had bagels and yummy donuts! Lunch was a chicken bowl from Flame Broiler, again yummy. The afternoon snack was Sprinkles cupcakes! I have wanted to try their cupcakes for a while now and they did not disappoint. Dinner was pizza, salad and garlic dough knots! Can I say yummy three times in a row? Then there was the chocolate fountain later in the evening with all kinds of yummies to dip in the chocolate!! Karen (the owner of the Oasis) truly spoils us.

Then there were the giveaways. I usually tire out by the 11:00pm hour and miss out on the giveaway extravaganza at the end. This year I had purposed in my heart to make it to the end and I did, but boy was I tired on Sunday!! I won 4 paper packs - one of them included sheets from the new Vintage Moon paper collection by Pink Paislee and one of them was a paper pack from Teresa Collins. I won a t-shirt, an apron, a Heidi Swap transparency along with some gel type flowers and a tote bag. There were small alpha stamps as well as ink and a bottle of glossy accents at my seat when I came in. I know there were more things that were given out, they are just slipping by me at the moment.

The store gave us 3 page kits. I this was my take and I completed this one while at the crop -
I started the second page kit using pictures of Jillian and Gino on the playground at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa many, many years ago. That one needs a little more work as I want it to be a 2-page layout. I hope to finish later this week.

I also completed this weeks LSS challenge from the SoCalScrap board. In this challenge I had 5 requirements to meet –

1. The bad habit I scrapped was one of being lazy.
2. I used a Hambly owl rub on in the lower right hand side of the layout.
3. I altered the photo by using a filter called Gentle Boast. It really helped to lighten the photo. I also used a vignette filter at 65%. (it adds a darkening around the edges of the photo.)
4. I used Psalms 46:10 (Bible Verse) on my layout
5. And finally, I made felt appliquéd stars (and three chipboard stars with Ranger Crackle Paint on them.

The patterned paper in this layout is from the Making Memories Animal Cracker Line. This is another 6x12 page that will go in-betweens the monthly pages in my grandson’s 1st year album.. I met all the requirements and I think I did a great job! Here it is, what do you think?

The day (and night) was spent with good friends having a good time sharing ideas and items from our vast stash. Thank you Karen, Yolanda, Ching, Jen, Marsi, Laurie and Kari (and the staff of the Oasis) for making this day a wonderful experience.

5 comments:

Eva said...

Susan, congrats on your blog!!! Isn't it fun? I love your layout you created and the fun pictures you put on your post. Will be checking back to see what's going on in Susan's world..hehehe...cute title by the way.

Kari said...

Susan, great start on your blog. The crop was a blast! I love the photo of that chocolate fountain... And your layouts came out so great! I love your 6x12... lots of great little details.

McFarlaneFam said...

I love it mom! I cant wait to see more :) Your awesome!

marcibun said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Susan!

Unknown said...

fabulous!! Man you sure have alot to say! lol..j/k.

I love the layout you did of your daughter in law and the little baby girl granddaughter. All that pink is just too cute!!

Great job on the cute baby boy grandson layout. I think you're really rawkin that MM Animal Cracker line.

Can't wait to see more, my friend.