Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Have you ever forgotten your Joann's coupon . . .

. . . and felt like a silly girl? I mentioned in my last post that I bought some fabric on Saturday to make a quilt. I cut the squares out, layed it out on the floor to determine the size and decided to make it a little bigger. So I went back to Joann's on Monday to pick up the extra fabric and to get the backing fabric. On Saturday everything I picked up was on sale for 30% off. I thought the sale lasted through the end of the month. Nope - it was over on Saturday. No big deal, I have a coupon. Nope - the ones I had expired on Saturday. So here I was at Joann's paying full price for a 5 yard cut of $8.00 fabric (I needed to get the backing fabric). UGH. When I got back to work I check the paper and there was a 40% coupon. I called Joann's and they said they would honor the coupon. All I had to do was bring in my receipt and the coupon. Bang - $15.00 back in my purse!! Just wanted to let you know that it was possible. There is my public service annoucement for the day!