Saturday, April 18, 2009

Adventures with my Cricut

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new electronic cutter. I got the Cricut Expression! I have wanted one for quite sometime and HSN had a really good deal on one with a bunch of extras thrown in. I sent the ad to my friend Heather and darn it if she didn't buy it. Well, she couldn't be the only one with a bug so I bought one too!! Then I told a few of my other scrapbooking buddies about the deal and Kari bought one too!! I have been reading all over the internet about all the really cool things this machine can do!!
Heather came over today and we spent over 4 hours playing with the machine, teaching each other various things we have learned about the machine and watching a few short instructional videos!! This is but a small stack of scraps that we went through!
Here are a couple of things I made. Some of the other things I sent home with Heather. (Yep - those are googly eyes on my caterpillar!) I even bent the edges up on my flower in my easter title to give it some dimension (do you see that Ching!).
Patrick and I joined my parents, Lew- my mom's old boss (um - let me rephrase that -previous employer) and Tyrone and Colene for dinner at the Red Lobster. I had the Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Scallops, only I had a backed potatoe instead of the rice. (this is a picture from the Red Lobster website) This dish was sooo good. I found a recipe on the web and I can't wait to try it. Guess I will need to go and buy some bourbon!! LOL (That is funny - for those of you who know my recent experience with booze. What I didn't blog about that? Maybe later - umm maybe not!! After all Lew reads my blog and I wouldn't want him to think I have a drinking problem.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LoL Susan!! yeahhhh for dimension, however, my mouth is watering looking at the food plate!! I wanna go with you guys the next time you go there. That looks DEE-Lish!