Friday, June 12, 2009

Artistic Affaire Printemps

A few weeks back I attended the lovely Kim's Artistic Affaire Printemps! Kim puts on the most amazing events. They are now held in Los Angeles. From the venue, I could see the Hollywood sign! And as we were driving to the event - just down the down the street - the Paramount Studios! I tell you, I was in tourist heaven! Too bad I was the driver and couldn't enjoy the view around me more.
The 1st class up was Amy Powers sugarville Home Sweet Home wreath. This was a really fun class and I love the project!Then we had a lovely lunch and launched into making a mosaic box. It is actually easier than one would think. We took a break to allow the glue to dry and had high tea. Then it was back to grouting. I might have a new calling! Maybe a mosaic in the entry way??
High tea was also the time that we exchanged our birdhouse swaps. This is the lovely birdhouse I received from Maija.

A wonderful dinner and then we were back to business with Kristen Robinson. I havn't taken the time to finish this project, but I hope to finish it soon.
Kim always has the loft decorated just so over the top. It was truly like a staycation for the day. At the end of the evening, I won one of the centerpieces!! It was a wondeful day and I love all the projects we made!

No comments: